Sr Spark Engineer
- Design, architect and build a data platform over Big Data Technologies
- Own and establish Reference Architecture for Big Data
- Help establish and communicate fit of analytical platforms for business prototypes
- Leading innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing data centric technologies for the platform.
- Acts as the proactive and technical lead engineer for the data platform end to end.
- Capable of driving the firm's central technology vision with requirements and direction.
- Leads and runs conference calls
- Documents and executes an architecture vision, ability to get on command prompt and troubleshoot / debug.
EDUCATION: MS in computer science, machine learning, operations research, statistics, or another highly quantitative field (BS in similar field and equivalent experience considered)
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and data analysis
SKILLS: Java, Python, Scala, Hadoop, SPARK, Redshift, Redis, MySQL. Web Services experience (AWS, SaaS, EC2, etc.). Experience with OpenStreet map data. Machine learning skills. Data Science Familiarity. High energy and motivation. Experience with Apache Spark, Mesos, Dockers and AWS Stack. Experience with one or more of DynamoDB, Graph databases, Mongo, Oracle. Excellent communication skills. Ability to lead technical discussions and mentor other engineers.