Java/Big Data Developer
• Development (Coding) for Hadoop, Spark and Java and Angular Js
• Adhering to the appropriate SDLC and Agile practices
• Performing code reviews and pair programming.
• Implementing best practices/standards for development and production releases
• Working closely with plan teams and business aligned technology teams.
• Being part of various POC efforts for new build and setting up clusters
• Working closely with operate teams, understanding JPMorgan DevOps practices and aligning releases accordingly
• Testing prototypes and oversee handover to operational teams.
• Facing business teams from time to time post releases and answering questions on data and release schedules
• Documenting requirement
• Supporting and enhancing current applications
- Hands on 5+ years of experience in core Java, multithreaded environments, web development and good understanding of J2ee Concepts including data structures
- Hands on experience of Hadoop/ Spark and Impala
- Good hold on Sql and database concepts, should be able to write complex queries.
- Understanding of financial concepts including Balance Sheets, P&L Statements and Ratios and financial products
- Good hold on scripting Shell/Perl and Python.
- Good understanding on Unix
- Good hold on MS office (power point, Excel, Word and Visio)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information and computer Science or equivalent an practical work experience
Essential Professional Skills
- A "can do" attitude
- Be able to adjust quickly to changes
- Very Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Aptitude to decipher complex business functions
- Ability to Multitask and inquisitiveness to learn newer domain and Technology
- Organization skills, be able to prioritize task base on priority level.
- Ability to multitask and quickly respond to critical issues and changes in requirements
- Adopt best practices in day to day work to improve efficiency.
- Be able to partner with people from other teams to get work done together
Communication skills, be able to explain the root cause of an issue; be able to explain necessary testing variables that apply to code written; be able to explain code implementation in detail and at a high level
- Flexibility to work with global teams which will require working off normal working hours
- Sound communication skills and ability to interact with senior business leaders and technology colleagues
- Leadership skills should be able to improve the team working by providing technical and process guidance; be able to motivate and influence both business and technical communities
- Bringing Innovative and practical ideas